Tulsa Ballet seeks a highly experienced fundraising professional to lead our development team. The Development Director will work with the General Manager, Managing Director and Artistic Director to create and implement a comprehensive strategy to raise funds from corporations, foundations and individuals to support the mission of Tulsa Ballet and to achieve the annual multi-million dollar revenue goals for the organization in conjunction with the strategic plan and Board goals. This position is a highly managerial and administrative position that manages all day-to-day aspects of the development team to achieve the organization’s annual and long-range fundraising goals.
• Work with senior management to develop and implement annual fundraising plan to meet annual and long range goals.
• Lead and supervise development staff and their projects and prospect lists, including: set goals and objectives and evaluate performance; work with them to develop moves management strategies for each donor on their portfolio; meet regularly with each staff member individually to coach, share information, assess progress and strategize.
• Identify potential new sources of corporate, foundation and organizational major donor support and assign staff to cultivate those relationships. Coach and evaluate staff in their regular implementation of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities.
• Develop and implement infrastructure for capturing, measuring and reporting the moves management strategies for all prospects assigned to staff members.
• Oversee major annual gala, including planning, tracking, reporting and coordination of event with Board committee, development team, event planner and outside vendors.
• Establish and maintain a working environment conducive to positive morale, individual style, quality, creativity and teamwork.
• Ensure department is consistently implementing the comprehensive stewardship plan with their organizational donors.
• Analyze benchmarks for fundraising efforts and track and report progress.
• Effectively manage budgeting and forecasting of revenue and expenses for all contributed revenue.
• Edit and proofread proposals and reports to donors as needed.
• Maintain close relationship with the Board of Directors, including interaction with and organizing activities of the Board of Directors and Board committees.
• Attend ballet performances and fundraising events in an effort to cultivate relationships with donors and prospects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Building philanthropic relationships with individuals and organizations, based upon a common vision for, and valuation of, the organization (measured through fundraising donors, dollars, significant gifts).
• Leading and managing staff, including assuring goal congruence, holding staff accountable, providing coaching, and promoting training/professional development.
• Interpersonal effectiveness—demonstrated by having built collaborative, trusting relationships with stakeholders including volunteers, staff and external audiences.
• Communications—effectively communicates goals and objectives, actively listens, and understands the effectiveness of attributing credit to partners when possible, all while reflecting a strong presence and command of the issues. Strong proofreading skill set.
• Planning and organizing—thinks and plans logically, and builds partnerships to efficiently and effectively achieve measurable goals.
• Ability to oversee budgeting and forecasting procedures for development department.
• Flexibility and experience in building a solid fundraising program involving individuals, foundations and corporations, and proven ability to effectively build and inspire a team.
• Ability to organize and prioritize fundraising activities effectively and to guide staff members in managing their particular responsibilities.
• A proven manager that promotes teamwork, creativity and open communication. Ability and willingness to participate in events outside the traditional workday schedule (occasional evenings and weekends).
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years experience working in a not-for-profit fund development office that includes experience in fundraising management, major gifts, corporate support, foundation grants, annual campaigns and direct mail. CFRE a plus. Supervisory experience required along with excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Suite. Experience utilizing Tessitura software preferred. An appreciation of ballet or other dance forms and/or professional experience in the performing arts is strongly preferred.
To apply, email your resume in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com. No phone calls please. EOE.
Tulsa Ballet seeks an experienced fundraising professional to implement plans and strategies to achieve contributed revenue goals, while building and cultivating donor relationships.
Implement annual fundraising plan focusing on Grant Writing for Foundations and Government Agencies, Corporate Sponsorship Proposals; In Kind Gifts; Special Events; Endowment Gifts; Donor Relations; Prospect Research
• Produce and track foundation and corporate profiles including past and current relationships with the Ballet’s financial, professional, and philanthropic interests
• Write grant proposals, reports, and corporate sponsorship requests
• Track awarded grants including coordinating the submission of required reports throughout the duration of the grant
• Ensure delivery and proper entry of all promised benefits
• Monitor foundation and corporate recognition upon award of each grant
• Prospect research and coordinate regular communication (phone calls, meetings, tickets, backstage tours, studio visits, etc)
• Attend all performances and events to ensure excellent donor relations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years experience working in a not-for-profit fund development office that includes grant writing and the production of corporate sponsorship and philanthropic giving proposals. Excellent computer skills a must, specifically Microsoft Office Suite. Experience utilizing Tessitura software preferred. An appreciation of ballet or other dance forms and/or professional experience in the performing arts is strongly preferred. Successful candidates will have a proven and demonstrable track record of being able to work under pressure while managing multiple deadlines.
To apply, email resume along with writing samples in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. EOE.
Part Time Ballet Instructors
Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education is currently seeking ballet instructors for Open Division classes for the 2014-2015 school year, starting in September 2014 and ending in May 2015. TBCDE follows national holidays and Tulsa Public School breaks. Open Division instructor positions are part-time hourly positions with an average of 2-5 classes per week.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Minimum of 2-3 years teaching experience in ballet (ages 3-10 and adult)
Knowledge of the Vaganova Syllabus preferred
Experience as a professional ballet dancer preferred, but not required
Ability to adapt to a structured syllabus that is determined by the TBCDE principal/faculty
Availability to teach weekday afternoons/evenings, Saturday mornings
Willingness to substitute teach when needed
Choreographic skills, to choreograph class divertissements for the End of Year performances
To apply, please send your resume in MS Word or PDF format to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.